Friday, 16 December 2011
Tuesday, 13 December 2011
A couple of research profiler sites for dissemination have crossed our radar recently. Useful or useless? Click em and see.....
- Academic.edu - http://academia.edu/
- IAMScientist - http://www.iamscientist.com/
- ResearchGate - http://www.researchgate.net/
- Mendeley - http://www.mendeley.com/
Monday, 12 December 2011
Friday, 9 December 2011
Kaye and Laby Online at the NPL try the NIST Reference on Contants, Unit and Uncertainty and CODATA (Committe for Data for Science and Technology) as well as the Physical Measurement Laboratory (PML). The latest values and adjustments of the constants are also posted there as well as a searchable bibliography.A few queries lately re physical constants sources. As well as
Thursday, 8 December 2011
To access Kevin St exam papers:
• At the Library website click on Find Exam Papers
• Then Click on Quick Link to Recent Exam Papers.
• Select College of Science, or College of Engineering and click on the year e.g. 2011, 2010 etc.
• Then click on the course code and then the module you require.
You will need login and password if using outside the DIT network.These are Student and ThunderRoad (case sensitive)
Best of luck in January....
Wednesday, 7 December 2011
Tuesday, 6 December 2011
RSCB PDB or protein data bank is an information portal to biological macromolecular structures and is a free single worldwide repository of information about the 3D structures of large biological molecules, including proteins and nucleic acids. You can search by macromolecule, ligand or sequence and the PDB now contains over 77,000 structures.